PET-cautions to take during the Holiday season
Dogs as Holiday Gifts:
Please don't put a dog in a gift box and wrap it up for that special someone....BETTER yet don't give pets as GIFTS PERIOD!!
Animals are a HUGE responsibility and as cute as the gift may be, remember that the other person may not be up for all that responsibility.Puppies are hard work just like infants and some people are just not ready to be parents. Shelters are overflowing with unwanted pets so rethink the gift.
keep *tinsel, *ribbon, and *glass ornaments out of reach for pets. Tinsel isn't necessarily toxic but can cause digestive problems if consumed. Ribbon and *Christmas tree lights can be a choking hazard.
Although they are not necessarily deadly to your pet, it is still a good idea to keep them out of reach just in case. Most of these cause vomiting and irritations
*Mistle toes: vomiting, diarrhea, hallucinations, and can be very deadly if ingested
*Poinsettias: Keep off the ground...puppies like to eat everything including plants.