Adopt your next pet!

I'm a strong advocate for dog adoption and believe people should really consider adopting a dog instead of buying one for hundreds of dollars from a breeder. I've heard every excuse in the book...I want a pure bred, I want to know the family history, I want a puppy, etc. Go to your local shelter or animal adoption org and look at all the beautiful animals...waiting for someone to take them home, to love them, and care for them. It breaks my heart not to be able to find each one a home. 

If you live in the Fresno/Clovis Area, here are some wonderful dogs currently up for adoption:


Labrador Retriever-mixed
Friendly
Housetrained
(my lab is so wonderful and I believe our rescue might also be a mix according our vet)



Dachshund
silly puppy



Pomerian
Loves dogs and cats
loves attention


Border Collie
fence requited
housetrained
friendly


I normally look for adoptable pets through Animal Compassion Team but look into any local rescue/animal shelters in your area.



Some good places to start over the internet:


BEFORE YOU THINK ABOUT GETTING A DOG--STOP---ASK YOURSELF 
-Do you seriously have the time and space?
-Do you have the income? (dogs require food, bed, toys, veterinary care, etc)
-Do you really want a dog or are you just trying to fill a void?
[whether your adopting or a buying, a dog is a huge responsibility]

Most of these dogs have already been abandoned and heartbroken so don't do it to them again. 


Comments

  1. I love this post and totally agree with you when it comes to helping out a stray or adopting a dog. Also, about thinking what it means to your daily schedule when you get a dog and think, think good, before you do anything.
    You have my vote on this matter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) thanks for sharing...my coworker told me yesterday that her brother was going to pay a good amount of money for a pomeranian, I quickly told her that her brother could probably find a pomeranian mix in a shelter for a whole lot less and at the same time be doing something wonderful by adopting. I'm crossing my fingers that he chooses adoption.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts