Doggie Treat Recipe-Parmesan Puppy Twist

I love reading EveryDay with Rachael Ray. They always have such good recipes that are fast and easy. This month I found a delicious recipe for healthy doggie treats that I wanted to share on my blog, especially after the doggie treat scare a couple months back.


Parmesan Puppy Twists:

Makes: about 30 treats
Prep: 20 min Bake: 40 min

2 cups whole-wheat flour
3/4 cup soy or almond milk
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 egg
2 tbsp. jarred chicken or beef baby food 
(make sure it does not contain onion or 
garlic powder)
1 tbsp. dried parsley
1/2 cup grated parmesan

1. Preheat over 325 degrees, line a baking sheet
with parchment.

2. In a bowl, mix the flour, milk, cornmeal,
egg, baby food, parsley and half the cheese.

3. Using your hands, roll a few tablespoonfuls
of the dough into thin, 6-inch logs. Transfer
the logs to the baking sheet. Twist each log a 
few times; sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake until crisp, about 40 min.




Comments

  1. Hi Y'all,

    My Human bakes my own treats. Thanks for sharing...this one would be a great change.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts