Things happen for a reason..

My mom always says....Things happen for a reason..and I guess in twisted way it's true. 


A couple weeks ago, Chloe was hit by a car (no one saw it happen but the injury and where she was found points to a hit and run) and this has been my biggest nightmare with my dogs since I moved to Mississippi(no fences). I wasn't home when it happened but when my sister called to tell me what had happened, I rushed home as soon as I could and right away I called the vet. This is where a great vet hospital pays off. They were 15 minutes from closing and instead of turning me away or sending me to urgent animal care they stayed open a little later for me. Right away the vet examined her and thankfully nothing was broken but she was injured. He didn't recommend any unnecessary/expensive scans but gave me his honest opinion as a "Vet" and "Pet parent". He told me the best thing was to send Chloe home with a small supply of anti inflammatory/ pain relieving meds and if within a couple days I didn't see any changes to bring her back so we could decide the next step. 

FAST FORWARD>>>
  two days later...I decided to take her in even though she was doing better and right away the vet knew it was a pelvic bone fracture. Once the swelling had gone down, she had some nasty bruises on her right leg. He said that it would heal with time. As I was checking chloe out, I asked if it was okay to leave some business cards on their community board since I make dog collars and other accessories. They right away asked me for more information <<<Things happen for a reason>>>

FAST FORWARD AGAIN>>>> things happen for a reason
The vet hospital is now carrying a small collection of Mutts-n-Bones Dog Collars which up till now has been the biggest opportunity for my little business to get exposure to the Starkville Community. I love Smith Animal Hospital and now I have the opportunity to work with them. We're very happy!!! 

P.S. Chloe is doing awesome. One week off her meds and walking on her own. I no long need to carry her out to potty and no more hearing baby cry with every movement. She still walks like a pirate with a wooden leg but now she has her pirate nickname "Gimpy" thanks to my sister.


Comments

Popular Posts