Heartache of knowing your dog won't live forever

About a month ago my dog Chanel got really sick. At first I thought she had eaten something she shouldn't had. I took her to her vet (who is awesome!) and right away they went to work to find out what was wrong and make her better. She was hospitalized for 2 days, which took a hard hit on my wallet but it wasn't as hard as the idea of losing her. I come to find out that she has Cushing's Disease. I was devastated to find out that my dog had some kind of disease and of the worse came to mind. My vet assured me that she would be fine as long as we gave her a special prescribed food and had her liver level monitored monthly. If it get worse I will have to get her on some very expensive medicine but I guess we will cross that bridge when we get to it.  I just want to stress how important it is to find a vet who will care for your dog as if it was their own and Dr. Brandy has become more of friend then just our vet. 



Comments

Popular Posts